We're hiring a baking assistant
Our mission is to make a more delicious, responsibly sourced, organic cookie. We started Christine's Cookie Co. out of our love for cookies, but more importantly, wanted to stay purposeful with every bake, seeing how we could positively impact our local community and planet.
As a baking assistant at Christine’s Cookie Co., you will be working to help produce cookies as well as providing retail support at our pop-up events throughout the Bay Area. We're looking for someone who is detail-oriented, quick to learn, and reliable.
- Work with baking team to efficiently mix, shape, and bake products, ensuring consistency and quality
- Prepare products according to specifications, processes, and recipes
- Clean and sanitize workstation and equipment
- Help fulfill, deliver, and pack customer orders and shipments
- Support set-up and operations of pop-up events as needed
- Able to work 20+hrs/week
- Available to work on weekends
- Prior culinary or baking experience preferred but not required
- Passion for cookies and food sustainability - but we're ok with someone who is willing to learn!
- Attention to detail - we need someone who is thorough and measures twice, since baking is all about accuracy
- Flexibility - as a small business, we're still growing and need someone who is flexible and willing to work with an evolving company
- A valid driver's license and personal vehicle
- Part-time; morning and weekend availability required
- Starting pay is at $17/hour for non-experienced bakers and $19/hour for experienced bakers
- Dynamic work environment with a supportive team
- 20% employee discount
- Opportunities to taste test and develop new cookie flavors
- Field trips to local farms, suppliers, etc.
Email email@example.com and let us know more about yourself, why this position interests you, and your favorite thing to bake. Attach your resume and put “Baker Christine's Cookie Co." in your subject line.